CAST10 Archives

November 2017

From:
Mario Eden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mario Eden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Nov 2017 15:39:32 +0000
Dear colleagues,

At the recent AIChE Annual Meeting in Minneapolis, we had again a special session on Sunday afternoon for the CAST Directors' Student Presentation Award finalists. We had an outstanding group of student presenters:

*         Christiana Lara, Carnegie Mellon University

*         Jianping Li, Texas A&M University

*         Xunyuan Yin, University of Alberta

*         Anirudh Subramanyam, Carnegie Mellon University

*         Jiyao Gai, Cornell University

*         Domink Bongartz, RTWH Aachen

*         Kristen Severson, MIT

*         Marc Martin-Casas, University of California Berkeley

All finalists gave excellent presentations, and the winner of the 2017 CAST Directors' Student Presentation Award was:

Mr. Domink Bongartz for his presentation entitled: "A Sequential Approach to Global Flowsheet Optimization Using McCormick Relaxations".

Please join in me congratulating all of our finalists for their excellent work!

Best

Mario

Dr. Mario Richard Eden, Ph.D.
Department Chair
Joe T. and Billie Carole McMillan Professor
Director, NSF-IGERT on Integrated Biorefining
Department of Chemical Engineering
210 Ross Hall
Auburn University, AL 36849-5127
Phone: 334-844-2064