If you're attending the AIChE Annual Meeting virtually, you probably
noticed some major technical difficulties in the platform(s). As the
Computing and Systems Technology Division, we want to provide a better
technical experience to all of you, particularly our presenters in the
pre-recorded+ sessions who worked so hard to prepare content.
Two big items to share that Programming Chair Alexander Mitsos wanted to
have passed along while it is night in Germany.
*1. We are working to organize a single video conferencing call for all
speakers in each pre-recorded+ session. *
- Google Sheet with the Zoom links for each pre-recorded+ session:
a session doesn't have a link, just proceed as before with chat and live
session links in the iPosterSessions. We hope to have everyone in a session
set up the same live session link on each "poster"/presentation in the
- Instructions for session chairs:
1. set up a zoom meeting for the time slot of your session. Please also
allow for breakout room.
2. circulate the zoom meeting room to all session participants and insert
in the spreadsheet above, so we can bypass the iposter system if it is down
3. invite presenters to use *exclusively* this zoom meeting during the
assigned slot. They shall please link to this zoom meeting in their iposter.
4. Moderate this meeting. Please decide on the fly if it is better to
discuss one talk after another or all together. If a discussion starts to
be too detailled/technical please move it to a breakout room.
5. Use https://aiche.confex.com/aiche/2020/portal.cgi to find the emails
for all the authors (presenters + co-authors) via the AIChE confex portal.
If you login to that and select the session you are chairing, you will see
three options: 1) view session, 2) print abstracts, and 3) contact people.
Choose the 'print abstracts' option and it will show the abstracts as well
as the emails of all the authors.
- For presenters:
1. Get the common video conferencing link from your session chair
2. Replace any live session link you had in iPosterSessions with this
common link. Pay attention to if a password is needed for the
can also paste this link somewhere on your iPoster.
3. Attend the scheduled time for the group call.
4. If you have a scheduling conflict, feel free to keep your original
plan for a live session or chat times. It would be helpful to
note this on
your iposter somewhere.
*2. Networking *
Networking room for video chatting with colleagues in our own virtual