We have a great opportunity for an Advanced R&D Engr/Scientist - Digital Solutions in Honeywell UOP’s Research and Development organization. In support of UOP’s digital solutions strategy, this role will support the development of process performance data analytics and connected solutions. If you are interested, please apply here: https://careers.honeywell.com/us/en/job/HRD191886/Advanced-R-D-Engineer-Scientist---Digital-Solutions
Sr. Manager, Process Performance
[log in to unmask]
Innovate to solve the world’s most important challenges.
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
UOP, a Honeywell company headquartered in Des Plaines, Illinois, is a leading international licensor of processing technology and supplier of engineering services, catalysts and adsorbents, equipment, specialty materials and digital solutions for the global refining, gas processing and petrochemical industries. With more than a century of leadership in hydrocarbon processing technologies, UOP has led six revolutions in technology that transformed our industry. For more information visit www.uop.com.
We have an opportunity for an Advanced R&D Engineer Science – Digital Solutions to join Honeywell UOP’s Research and Development organization. In support of UOP’s digital solutions strategy, this role will assist the development of process performance data analytics and connected solutions. These digital tools will be used to advise and optimize the commercial operations and profitability of UOP’s portfolio of technologies. The tools you develop will have an immediate impact on the profitability and reliability of the commercial operations of our customers’ facilities.
At Honeywell UOP, you will have the opportunity to build your knowledge and skills early in your career with opportunities in process design and modeling in a wide range of process technologies, providing a strong foundation to advance to higher level leadership roles to drive the innovation and development of advanced and breakthrough technologies.
• Support technology development programs
• Deliver digital data analytics, performance solutions, and process optimization tools for UOP’s portfolio of process technologies
• Collaborate with the technology development teams as a cross-functional role, to include partnering with specialists from R&D, Engineering, and Technical Service
• Collaborate directly with internal customers within the UOP business
• Establish and prioritize technical definition and content of the solutions to maximize greater customer value
• Interact with customers to identify and understand their needs and to present your solutions
YOU MUST HAVE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering; Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry
• 3+ years of Python programming experience, including pandas & NumPy packages
• PhD or Advanced Degree with 3+ years of Python programming experience
• 3+ year of experience with multivariate statistics; experimental design; equation-based modeling and/or data analytics including cleansing, manipulating, filtering and selection; parameter estimation, and numerical methods
• Skills in machine learning, data science tools, optimization techniques and algorithms
• 3+ years of experience in software development including object-oriented programming methods and cloud-based services
• 3+ years of experience with UI/UX Design
• 2+ years of experience in SQL
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to ensure solution definition and clear project requirements as well as strong interpersonal skills
• Demonstrates a strong interest in R&D work as a self- starter
• Demonstrates leadership skills