Internship Opportunities in Advanced Process Control and Optimization
ExxonMobil is seeking graduate students pursuing Ph.D. degree in the area of advanced process control and optimization for internship positions. The target start date is summer 2016. The work locations are ExxonMobil's Central Engineering offices in Houston (TX), and petrochemical complexes in Baytown (TX) and Beaumont (TX).
During this applied research focused internship, the student will gain exposure to the real-life challenges associated with innovative advanced control solutions for large, complex petrochemical processes. Appropriate blend of technology innovation and business impact of technology solutions will be a key learning. List of potential assignments include model-based control and optimization, optimization of multi-scale systems, and integration of operations and control for large scale, increasingly autonomous manufacturing systems.
In addition to a strong technical background in advanced process control and optimization and demonstrated high levels of academic achievement, successful candidates will possess solid research capabilities, innovative thinking, strong initiative, and good communication skills. Preference will be given to candidates whose graduate research is aligned with ExxonMobil's R&D programs and are midway through their research program.
This search is open until 16 October 2015. Interested candidates should apply to ExxonMobil Careers website, using the instructions provided below.
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Instructions for submitting the application online:
1. Go to https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWebHost/home.aspx?partnerid=6961&siteid=90 site
2. Click on Search Openings link at the bottom
a. Keyword : <Your University State>
b. Job Category / Work Interest : Engineering
c. Employment Type: University Student Seeking an Internship/Student Placement
d. Click on Search
4. Select your university from the displayed list, and click on Submit to Job(s) or Campus Folder
5. If you have already created an account, use your e-mail address and password to login. If you are a new user, select Create a login radio button, and follow the on-screen instructions
6. Once the application is submitted, send an email to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> indicating completion of the task