APG Pharma, a division of Applied Materials, is looking for a Senior Application Engineer. The Senior Application Engineer provides operations research expertise as well as experience with informatics systems commonly found in the Pharma and Biopharma Industries. In this role, you will support the Applications team to innovate and improve processes through effective planning and scheduling using optimization and simulation approaches.
* Work with subject experts from operations, manufacturing and business teams to develop strategic process understanding and knowledge of available data sources
* Evaluate process and equipment data to determine the ideal modeling approach for improved performance and increased equipment availability
* Leverage optimization approaches in combination with discrete-event based simulation to develop data-driven applications that support key business and operations processes
* Collaborate with experts from the data science, operations, manufacturing, supply chain and business units to validate and deploy models to improve business processes
* Master's degree in industrial engineering, chemical engineering or other discipline with a quantitative focus. PhD strongly preferred
* At least 3 years of experience in the pharma/biopharma industry or 5 years as a process engineer working with chemical or similar processes with a demonstrated ability in supply chain planning and production scheduling is preferred.
* A proven ability to interact with clients, and explain technical details in laymen's terms.
* Experience in two or more of the following areas:
* Processing (importing, cleaning, filtering) large data sets
* Developing and/or applying optimization and operations research methodologies
* Experience with optimization tools and frameworks (Pyomo, GAMS, AMPL, etc.)
* Experience with discrete-event based simulation
* Developing and/or applying data modeling and machine learning methodologies
* Experience with statistical and mathematical modeling environments (R, Python, MATLAB, etc.)
* Experience with programming language. C++ programming knowledge is preferred.
All interested applicants should send their resume to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
The content of this message is APPLIED MATERIALS CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify me, delete this email and do not use or distribute this email.