CAST10 Archives

November 2011

From:
Ignacio Grossmann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ignacio Grossmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Nov 2011 10:53:50 -0500
Dear Colleagues of the CAST Division,

We want to update you on the CMU-IBM Cyberinfrastructure Collaborative
site for MINLP:   http://www.minlp.org
and  invite you to contribute to a unique library of mixed-integer
nonlinear programming (MINLP) and generalized disjunctive programming
(GDP) problems. There are currently 34 mixed-integer, and 5 GDP
problems, mostly in engineering and operations areas.

The major goal of this site is to create a library of MINLP and GDP
problems (linear and nonlinear) in different application areas in which
one or  several alternative models are presented with their derivation.
In addition, each model has  one or several instances that can serve to
test various algorithms. While we are emphasizing MINLP and GDP models,
you may also wish to submit MILP and NLP models. The site is intended to
provide a mechanism for researchers and  users to contribute towards the
creation of this library of optimization  problems, and to provide a
forum of discussion for algorithm developers and application users where
alternative formulations can be discussed as well as performance and
comparison of algorithms. The site also provides the opportunity of
posting open  problems. It also has extensive information on various
resources, meetings and bibliography.

If you have any comments or suggestions, please send them to:

We very much look forward to your participation.

Ignacio Grossmann and Jon Lee, Co-chairs
Committee Members
Pietro Belotti
Larry Biegler
Pedro Castro
Francois Margot
Juan Ruiz
Nick Sahinidis
Andreas Waechter

Ignacio E. Grossmann, R.R. Dean University Professor
Department of Chemical Engineering  Tel: 412-268-3642
Carnegie Mellon University          Fax: 412-268-7139
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
email: [log in to unmask]   http://egon.cheme.cmu.edu