Research Scientist: Rockwell Automation, Advanced Technology, USA
The Advanced Technology group at Rockwell Automation
(http://www.rockwellautomation.com) has a research position available for
an optimization and control scientist at its Austin, Texas location. The
successful candidate will join a dynamic research team to develop
innovative optimization and control solutions for a diverse range of
applications that will put the candidate’s technical and leadership skills
to test. The specific activities will focus on fast optimization-based
control for large-scale nonlinear processes.
• Strong Background in process modeling and control.
• Solid background in optimization algorithms. The ability to develop
problem specific solvers that exploit problem structure to achieve
favorable computational properties is a definite plus.
• Good programming background with languages such as C/C++ or Python.
• Creativity and can do attitude to find novel solutions to
• Ability to communicate effectively with people of diverse technical
backgrounds and across technologies, disciplines and functions.
• Experience with the implementation of numerical algorithms in
• Graduate degree (preferably Ph.D) in Engineering, Physics, or
Computer Science specializing in one or more of the following: Advanced
process control, computational efficiency of optimization algorithms, large-
Salary and contract conditions:
• Compensation package will be commensurate with the qualifications
of the applicant.
• Minimal travel requirements.
Please send your application (including a full CV) to Bijan Sayyar-Rodsari
([log in to unmask]).