CAST10 Archives

December 2012

Sender:
"Chemical Engineers in Computing and Systems Technology, AIChE" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
B Erik Ydstie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Dec 2012 19:57:02 -0500
Dear CAST Members and other Interested Parties,

We are arranging an IFAC Workshop on *Thermodynamics and Mathematical
Systems Theory* to take place in Lyon July-13-16, 2013. You can find
information in the attached flyer and the on the webpage

*http://www-lagep.univ-lyon1.fr/test/nonvu/fc/TFMST2013/*

The objective is to gather interested researchers to discuss how to combine
tools from mathematical systems theory, circuit theory and irreversible
thermodynamics to form a foundation for a physical approach to control
system design. We are very open minded at this point and the IPC will
consider practical applications as well theoretical contributions. Papers
on classical thermodynamics, Hamiltonian systems, quantum control,
molecular systems and Kinetic Monte Carlo systems are in various stages of
preparation at present. Paper submissions are made on the IFAC paperplaza

http://ifac.papercept.net/conferences/scripts/start.pl

Please note the short lead time. The papers can be quite short and should
primarily provide entry-points for spirited discussions. The IPC expect to
select a few papers for plenary style presentations. The rest of the papers
will be allocated a 5 minute slot for oral presentation of posters to be
discussed in the afternoon.

Note that Tour de France will pass through Lyon on July 13 and that
Bastille Day will be celebrated this weekend as well (July-13-14) so that
there will some pressure on hotel rooms. We have made a block of
reservations already in Residence Villemancy. It should be a good time.
Lyon os the food capital of France (maybe the world?) and there are many
things to visit there and in the immediate vicinity.

Please let us know if you are interested in contributing to the workshop so
that we can expand our bookings estimate at Villemanzy. Any questions about
the workshop can be directed to the organizers.

Best wishes for a peaceful Holiday and looking forward to see you in Lyon
mes amis !!

Francoise, Bernard, Denis and Erik

*(Les Trois Mousquetaires plus Dartagnan)*

--
B. Erik Ydstie   tel (412) 268 2235
Professor of Chemical Engineering