CMNS-UNDERGRAD-NEWS Archives

January 2023

From:
Gene Ferrick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 19 Jan 2023 16:28:56 -0500
We are of two minds about the history of technology. On one hand,
technology has connected people around the world, brought wealth that would
have been unthinkable just a few generations ago, and greatly extended the
average human lifespan. On the other hand, our technology has isolated us,
deepened economic inequality, and poses the potential to destroy life as we
know it. This course explores how technology has changed over time. More
than a laundry list of inventions and inventors, the history of technology
reveals much about the world we inhabit today.

HIST 206 MW 9-9:50 F10-10-10:50
Instructor: Dr. Justin Shapiro
CORE: SH General Education: DSHS