CMNS-UNDERGRAD-NEWS Archives

August 2018

From:
Meg Smolinski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Aug 2018 07:53:54 -0400
Subject: UMD Arboretum Tree Inventory Intern

The entire College Park campus is an arboretum, a collection of trees and
plants maintained for scientific and educational study and public enjoyment.
Our goals are:
-	To display our campus landscape, forestry, plants, and natural heritage
-	To educate our community and visitors about our campus’s natural
environment
-	To model the University of Maryland’s vision of a green university

Under the guidance of the Campus Arborist, as well as other Arboretum staff,
the Tree Inventory Intern will be help to maintain the campus tree inventory,
including:
-	Collecting measurements and other data in the field to update existing
specimens
-	Entering data on newly installed plant material
-	Assisting with volunteer events, urban forestry activities, and stormwater
management activities, as needed

To see the full position description and learn how to apply, please visit
https://arboretum.umd.edu/volunteer-internships/internships

Contact Person: Meg Smolinski
Contact Email: [log in to unmask]
Website URL: https://arboretum.umd.edu/volunteer-internships/internships