CMNS-UNDERGRAD-NEWS Archives

February 2011

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2011 09:06:10 -0500
7bit
From:
Hilary Staver <[log in to unmask]>
Come Learn About Offshore Wind Power with UMD for Clean Energy!

Who:  UMD for Clean Energy + awesome guest speakers
What:  Panel event about offshore wind energy in Maryland
When:  Monday, February 7th, at 7 pm
Where:  Benjamin Banneker Room A, Stamp Student Union

You've probably heard about wind turbines on land, but how about in
the ocean?  Come learn more about offshore wind, a promising source of
clean energy that we can harness right off Maryland's coast!  To kick
off the semester, UMD for Clean Energy is hosting a panel event about
offshore wind energy and the recent developments that are moving
Maryland and the entire country toward building our first offshore
wind farms.  Our three guest speakers are wind experts from the
Maryland Energy Administration, the Bluewater Wind company, and the
Chesapeake Climate Action Network,  and they will provide an up-to-
minute account of Maryland's rapidly evolving offshore wind industry.
Refreshments will be provided, so come and bring all your friends!

For more information, see the Facebook event: http://www.facebook.com/#!/
event.php?eid=190334494319551