I would like to submit the following for the CMNS listserv.
Food Supplement Program Volunteer Coordinator, Maryland Hunger Solutions
400 E. Pratt Street, #606
Baltimore, MD 21202
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Maryland Hunger Solutions Summer Internship Announcement
MDHS seeks a summer intern to:
* Assist with the implementation of the Summer Food Service Program through the distribution of summer meals to children at program sites using a mobile meals delivery model;
* Engage community members in outreach around the Summer Food Service Program;
* Develop and implement an awareness campaign about the Summer Food Service Program in underserved jurisdictions in Maryland;
* Partner with program staff and community members statewide to develop materials to provide nutrition education at Summer Food Service Program sites.
A qualified applicant has:
* Access to reliable transportation and a valid drivers' license (required);
* Conversational Spanish (preferred);
* Minimum of 2 years of college education;
* Familiarity with federal nutrition programs;
* Knowledge of nutritional guidelines;
* Experience with education for low-income populations;
* Strong interpersonal and organizational skills; and,
* Mature and reliable work-style.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter indicating interest, language skills, access to transportation, and availability to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> and apply through the http://my.americorps.gov/ website, selecting the "Anti-Hunger and Opportunity Corps VISTA Member" position.