CMNS-UNDERGRAD-NEWS Archives

April 2014

From:
Hannah Asmail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 12:05:15 -0400
Subject: Donate to Public Health Without Borders!

Public Health Without Borders is launching a 30 day crowd funding campaign to
raise money for our education project in Sierra Leone! We will be
accompanying the Maryland Sustainability Engineering organization as they
build a UV water sanitation tank and a secondary school, and we hope to teach
lessons about proper usage of clean water, hygiene and basic health.

Our focal community is a group of students that walks up to 5 miles to reach
their school and does not have access to a clean glass of water or a school
nurse during the school day. Our end goal is to make the school day for these
children as safe and enriching as possible and ultimately, to improve health
for families in the school community.

Any donation you can give will greatly help our mission in Calaba Town,
Sierra Leone. Whether helping to cover travel expenses for students or buying
supplies to improve the health education program, your support will make a
difference. Learn more and donate today at
https://www.launch.umd.edu/project/53460e410920657409de1550

Thank you again for your consideration and donations!!

We have meetings every Monday at 5:30pm in room 1303 SPH, email
[log in to unmask] to join our list serv!!!

Contact Person: Hannah Asmail
Contact Email: [log in to unmask]
Website URL:
http://https://www.launch.umd.edu/project/53460e410920657409de1550