CMNS-UNDERGRAD-NEWS Archives

March 2017

From:
Faith Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Mar 2017 23:06:11 -0500
Subject: Combat antibiotic resistant bacteria with Gemstone Team Gold!

bacteria will not become resistant to. Essentially, our treatment complex
"tricks" bacteria into accepting toxic element gallium while it is using its
natural process of taking in iron, which is needed for survival. Since the
bacteria is using its natural iron-uptake pathways to take in gallium, it
will not develop resistance to stop gallium from entering. This research
requires expensive materials such as human embryonic kidney cells and fetal
bovine serum in order to determine its applicability for mammalian use. Our
fundraising campaign will end on 3/30/17, and we would really appreciate your
support!

Event Date: March 20, 2017
Contact Person: Faith Lee
Contact Email: [log in to unmask]