The Maryland Democratic Party Internship Program provides undergraduate and graduate students a unique opportunity to gain hands on experience in Maryland’s political process.
We are now accepting applications for Fall 2011 Maryland Democratic Party Internships. The fall internship will run from September 2011 to December 2011 with the potential for an extension. Internships will focus in several areas including fundraising, communications (social media), field activity, research and political outreach. The internship is at the Party’s headquarters in downtown Annapolis.
Intern Duties and Responsibilities
· Draft communications for general distribution
• Manage data lists
• Assist in event planning
• Communicate with Democratic Party officials, offices and staff
• Build relationships with Democratic affiliated organizations
• General research
• General office support and organization
· An interest in politics, especially Maryland politics
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Interns should be prepared to use their own laptop computers if they have them.
• Interns may be asked to attend events in Annapolis and around the state of Maryland
· Interns must commit to a minimum of ten hours per week
• Schedules will be set with your direct MDP supervisor
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume to Brandon Cloud at [log in to unmask]<x-msg:[log in to unmask]> <mailto:[log in to unmask]>