CMNS-UNDERGRAD-NEWS Archives

May 2016

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 9 May 2016 11:02:25 -0400
From:
Layla Alizadeh <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Pathology Lab Tech Position

two years or more of undergraduate education (those with a bachelors degree
are preferred) to work in  our laboratory helping prepare tissue samples.
Most of the work involves taking small biopsy samples from formalin jars and
placing them into plastic cassettes for processing and the ability to also
accurately enter data about these biopsy fragments into our local computer
system.  The work is not labor intensive but does require a high level of
attention to detail.  Work environment is fun, low-stress, and led by young
M.D.'s (two of which are fellow UMD CMNS alumni).  This is a great position
for someone seeking a gap year and is interested in a year of work.
Part-time positions will also be considered.  $19/hr or 40K per year.  Hours
are generally fall into an 8 hour shift that can start as early as 5 am and
end as late as 2:30 pm.

Event Location: Greenbelt, MD
Contact Person: Layla Alizadeh
Contact Email: [log in to unmask]