From:
Tamela Terry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Oct 2016 11:23:34 -0400
Subject: Undergraduate Internship at SPCA/Humane Society of Prince George's
County, Inc.

The SPCA/Humane Society of Prince George's County, Inc. (SPCA/HS) partners
with the local veterinary community to fulfill our animal welfare mission. In
addition to contracting with veterinarians and professional veterinary
technicians, SPCA/HS also seeks undergraduate pre-veterinary interns to
assist with our programs and events each year. Many of our student volunteers
go on to the country's best veterinary schools, and their experience with us
has strengthened their applications and helped make them better veterinary
students and better veterinarians. If you are interested in the animal
sciences or animal welfare, you should definitely consider this opportunity.

Anyone can volunteer with the SPCA/HS, but pre-veterinary interns enjoy a
level of access and exposure that extends beyond that of a general volunteer.
Interns work alongside skilled and knowledgeable veterinary professionals who
teach and share their experience. Interns are exposed to a variety of
companion animals and veterinary procedures, as well as animal welfare policy
and protocol. You will learn and regularly practice animal restraint
technique and basic veterinary procedures, and you'll have the opportunity to
observe surgical procedures up-close. You'll also gain valuable insight and
experience in customer service and public outreach. Lastly, you'll have the
satisfaction of helping animals and owners who really need it.

And as SPCA/HS volunteers, interns can get free vaccinations and microchips
for their pets, plus discounts on veterinary procedures at our clinic. You'll
also have the opportunity to get involved with other aspects of our
organization such as fostering, animal transport, cruelty/neglect prevention,
and humane education.

Please request an application via e-mail to [log in to unmask]  Applications
must be submitted to [log in to unmask] by October 10, 2016.

Contact Person: Tamela Terry
Contact Email: [log in to unmask]
Website URL: http://www.pgspca.org