From:
Anna Lin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Oct 2016 15:23:00 -0400
Subject: Team VIRUS LaunchUMD

Team VIRUS is part of the Gemstone Honors Research Program, and our
interdisciplinary team is investigating how HSV-1 infection in astrocytic
glial cells damages the function of the AQP4 protein specifically through its
impact on a critical sub-protein of AQP4. We propose three main aims in our
project to characterize the effect HSV-1 has on the AQP4 proteins by looking
at whether it decreases the amount of the M23 sub protein of AQP4, what
structural changes the viral infection produces, and whether the disruption
AQP4 proteins can be modeling using computing technology. Through this
LaunchUMD campaign, interested donors such as yourself can support our
research endeavors by making a tax-deductible donation. Every contribution
significantly increases our chances of getting necessary supplies and
obtaining meaningful results. If you can't make a contribution, please spread
the word about our cause with your friends and family! Thank you!

To donate, please visit this LaunchUMD link:
https://www.launch.umd.edu/project/2975

October 3, 2016 - November 2, 2016

Event Date: October 4, 2016
Event Start Time: 8:00 am