CMNS-UNDERGRAD-NEWS Archives

August 2018

From:
Keara Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Aug 2018 13:34:52 -0400
Subject: Research Assistant Positions with the Child Development Lab for Fall
2018!

The University of Maryland's Child Development Laboratory , under the
direction of Dr.
Nathan Fox, is now accepting applications for Fall 2018 undergraduate
research
assistants ! Successful applicants will work on projects funded by the
National Institutes of
Health. Our studies examine the effects of temperament on social and
cognitive
development using a variety of neurological and behavioral methods. This
position involves
assisting with study visits, and research assistants will gain experience
with behavioral
coding, electroencephalogram (EEG) collection, electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG)
collection,
taking part in research discussions, and play an active role in behavioral
and physiological
data collection. Social and biological science-related field majors are
encouraged to
apply . This position requires a flexible schedule, including weekend and
evening availability.
Accepted applicants will have the opportunity to work on several studies
going on in the lab.
Many of our undergraduate research assistants present at the annual
Undergraduate
Research Day. The position requires attention to detail, proper time
management, and
excellent interpersonal skills. We ask for a two semester commitment, but
space is not
guaranteed. Credit is available for PSYC 479, BSCI 399, and EDHD 498 for
those
interested!

Contact Person: Jessica Jones
Contact Email: [log in to unmask]