Subject: Data Manager/Analyst Job Opening with Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer
Center, Georgetown University
Job Title: CPC Data Manager/ Analyst
Organization: Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University
Industry: Non-profit - Hospital & Health Care
Number of Openings: 1
Location: Washington DC
The Cancer Prevention and Control Program is looking for a Data
Manager/Analyst to help data management and analyses needs for health
services research, genetic counseling and genetic testing studies, randomized
behavioral interventions, smoking cessation studies and observational studies
including survey research.
• Interacts with investigators, CPC staff and external collaborators to
understand data needs for research studies and assists with data management
plans for research projects and grants.
• Provides data management and statistical consultation for faculty and
postdoctoral researchers on the design and conduct of research projects
relating to cancer control topics including cancer surveillance, modeling of
cost-effectiveness of cancer care delivery, and analysis of cancer related
health care delivery and patient outcomes.
• Assists in conceptualizing, creating and managing custom database
applications for research studies (MS Access, REDCap).
• Specializes in creating, collecting, storing and analyzing electronic
data (via surveys and linkages of automated health records, administrative
data, cancer registry data, and clinical data derived from medical chart
• Proficient in merging data from various sources, cleaning and preparing
data for analyses, performing exploratory data analyses, preparing technical
data reports, including summary statistics (SAS, SPSS); meticulous and detail
oriented when preparing documentation for data tracking and dataset
• Familiar with statistical methods such as logistic and linear regression
analysis for answering questions in population science relating to cancer
control and health outcomes
• Works with principal investigators and senior statisticians to provide
statistical analyses for research projects using large, linked registry and
claims data, or smaller datasets relating to
cancer control areas.
• Prepares reports and analyses of research projects for scientific papers,
posters and grant proposals.
• Bachelor’s degree in Database Management, Data Analytics or related
with minimum 2 years of relevant experience in data analysis and modeling or
Master’s degree in Biostatistics or Applied Statistics or related with
experience in data management.
• At least two years of experience in database programming, data management
and analyses of survey data and large, secondary datasets preferably in
health care focused research projects.
• Experience working with databases like SQL or MS Access required.
• Advanced programming and statistical skills using statistical software
like SAS, SPSS, STATA or R required.
• Experience in data reporting in Excel or data visualization tools like
Tableau is a plus
• Experience with cancer studies and with handling large datasets desirable
but not required
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
How to Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to Tania Lobo at
[log in to unmask]
Contact Person: Danielle Deros
Contact Email: [log in to unmask]