CMNS-UNDERGRAD-NEWS Archives

February 2023

From:
Caleb McClatchey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 16 Feb 2023 13:20:13 -0500
Want to help build schools in Honduras and meet some awesome people in the
process? Come check out One Thousand Schools UMD! We are a group of
passionate and fun-loving students helping drive sustainable change in
rural Honduras. Together, we lead fundraisers for the construction of new
schools, host social events, and travel to Honduras every winter break to
get hands-on experience at the worksite! Our mission is to help alleviate
poverty and gang violence in Honduras through education.

Come learn more about us at one of our interest meetings below! Pizza will
be provided!

   -

   Tuesday, February 21st at 5:30 PM in the Armory basement (Room 0135)
   -

   Monday, February 27th at 5:30 PM in the Armory basement (Room 0131)

If you can’t make the interest meetings, no worries! Stop by one of our
GBMs on Wednesdays at 7 PM (also in the Armory basement) to check us out!
Also make sure to join our GroupMe
<https://groupme.com/join_group/37365878/7J8LiY> to hear about all of our
upcoming fundraisers and social events.

If you want more information, check us out on our website at
www.1000schoolsumd.org. You can also follow us on Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/1000schoolsumd/>!

Check out our video of our most recent trip to Honduras here
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la3KA3fQEww>!

Event Dates: February 24 and February 26
Event Start Time: 5:30 PM
Event End Time: 6:30 PM
Event Location: Reckord Armory Basement
Contact Person: Caleb McClatchey