Models of Infectious Disease Agent Study (MIDAS) National Center of Excellence at the University of Pittsburgh is proud to announce a summer research opportunity for undergraduates:
Computational Modeling and Simulation of Infectious Diseases
May 23-July 29, 2011
* Receive a 10-week summer research opportunity, including a $4,500 stipend.
* Participate in the excitement of scientific research.
* Work on interdisciplinary projects with senior mentors.
* Gain an appreciation for major research questions being raised at the intersection of biological sciences, public health, computer technology, and systems thinking.
* Receive housing and travel allowances, provided as needed.
Open to undergraduate students from all disciplines who
are currently enrolled and in good academic standing.
Application deadline: March 2, 2011
For additional information:
Phillip Palmer, PhD * E-mail: [log in to unmask]