CMNS-UNDERGRAD-NEWS Archives

August 2018

From:
Francis DuVinage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Aug 2018 10:26:20 -0400
Subject: Study Abroad Scholarship for Pell Grant Recipients

Are you a Pell Grant recipient (and US citizen) planning to study abroad in
Winter, Spring, or Summer 2019?

You may be eligible to apply for the US State Department’s Gilman
Scholarship (https://gilmanapplication.iie.org/), which provides up to
$5,000. Last year 30 Maryland students won Gilman Scholarships worth a total
of $107,550!

Learn more by participating in our upcoming Gilman events!

1. Webinar: Tuesday, August 21st at 12:00 pm. Sign-in here
https://umd.webex.com/umd/onstage/g.php?MTID=eeb6663047c06511cd3f1a209576eb99a
beginning at 11:45 am. The event number is: 730 248 293 and the event
password is: DBkpPaDJ.

2. Returned Gilman Scholar Panel on Tuesday, September 4, from 5:00-6:00 pm,
1102 HJ Patterson. Hear about the program from past Gilman Scholars.
Refreshments will be served. Please RSVP here: [log in to unmask]

Can't take part in these events? Complete a short survey here
http://ter.ps/gilman2015
or write to us at [log in to unmask] - you'll get access to our ELMS Gilman
resource site, which includes samples of successful application essays. We'll
also let you know how you can earn an automatic $500 grant from the UMD
Education Abroad office for completing a Gilman application!

Eligibility Requirements: US Citizens - Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors,
Seniors - All Majors - Must be studying abroad for at least 21 days - Must be
receiving a Pell Grant.

Application Deadline: October 2, 2018

UMD National Scholarships Office
2403 Marie Mount Hall