CMNS-UNDERGRAD-NEWS Archives

November 2011

Date:
Mon, 14 Nov 2011 15:57:36 -0500
From:
Gene Ferrick <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Free Market Research Workshop
at the University of Maryland
------------------------------

Date: Thursday, November 17, 2011, noon-1:30 p.m.
Place: Atrium (Room 1107), Stamp Student Union
Cost: Free! (more info and register at: http://www.bpc.umd.edu/timeline.html)

What separates an idea from a great venture concept? First and foremost is a good understanding of the market for that concept. In this workshop, we will give you working examples of where to find free, valuable, and essential information to validate whether there's a market for your idea and help you answer questions such as:

* How big is the market for my venture concept and what are the industry trends?

* Who is my primary competition, what is their business model, and what is their market share?

* What sources of market research are available to me?

Created especially for UM faculty and students, this workshop is open to anyone, including persons interested in entering the UM $75K Business Plan Competition and the ACC Clean Energy Challenge. The speaker will be Dr. Dean Chang, Director of Mtech's Venture Programs and Director of the Technology Advancement Program.

Get more information and register at to attend at: http://www.bpc.umd.edu/timeline.html

Maryland Technology Enterprise Institute, A. James Clark School of Engineering, University of Maryland.