Subject: Global and Federal Semester Application April 8 Deadline
Federal/Global Semester Fellows Program- Great for Cell Biology & Molecular
ATTENTION STUDENTS— Spots are still available in Global and Federal
Semester Fellows Programs. APPLY NOW! Next application deadline is April 8th.
We’d love to have you!
· Take a fall-semester seminar course on a topic of contemporary
concern--taught by expert practitioners who bring in guest speakers
(ambassadors, industry experts, etc.)!
· Obtain an extraordinary spring internship at sites ranging from
the White House, media outlets, federal agencies, NGOs, private
organizations, embassies, research shops, etc.
· Gain Scholarship in Practice credit
· Receive spring internship credit through our program or through
your major or other program!
· Earn a notation on your transcript as a Federal or Global Semester
· Enjoy year round empowerment activities: field trips,
professional development, conversations with industry leaders, individual
help obtaining internships.
· Join a lively, engaged student cohort group (and alumni network)!
· Program Concentrations: Science Diplomacy, Public Health Policy,
Energy and Environment Policy, and many more!
For details and an application form, go to EITHER
http://federalsemester.umd.edu and/or http://globalsemesterdc.umd.edu or come
by our office: 2407 Marie Mount Hall, 301-314-0261. Fill out ONE application
and rank your choices across the two programs. Next application deadline is
April 8th. Rolling admission afterwards! No need for recommendation letters
unless you wish to add them; and they can come later!
Information about Science Diplomacy Program:
Through expert speakers, presentations, readings, and negotiation exercises,
students will explore the critical roles that diplomats and negotiators can
play in the exchange and shaping of technological and scientific innovation.
You do not need to be a STEM major to make change happen! The instructors,
top officials at the State Department, started as Fine Arts and English
Coordinator, Global Semester in Washington, D.C.
Coordinator, Federal Semester Program
2407 Marie Mount Hall
University of Maryland
College Park, Maryland 20742
[log in to unmask]
Contact Person: Naz Beyranvand
Contact Email: [log in to unmask]