From:
Julia Cottingham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 2021 17:43:46 -0400
Subject: Full orchestra for non-music majors seeking string, wind, brass,
percussion, and harp players for upcoming concert cycle!!

The University of Maryland Repertoire Orchestra (UMRO) is a full orchestra
primarily composed of non-music majors that is currently seeking new players
for our upcoming concert on Tuesday, December 7, 2021 where we will perform
Dvořák's New World Symphony and Cavalleria Rusticana by Mascigini.

Undergraduate and graduate students, as well as faculty and staff are all
welcome to join, regardless of area of study! We are especially in need of
trumpet, trombone, tuba, percussion, harp, bassoon, and oboe players, but all
orchestral instruments are encouraged to audition as well!

Parts are linked here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1W6R0eZHmHvEE_jBnCP8EfddhTyeC4w9z

We rehearse Mon and Weds 3-5pm in the Clarice Rm. 1230, although making all
regular rehearsals is not required! Additionally, instruments are available
(but not guaranteed) through the School of Music for those who do not have
their own (contact [log in to unmask] for more information). Practice rooms in the
Clarice will be available to those who join.

If interested, please contact Jesse Leong at [log in to unmask] as soon as possible
for an audition. Auditions consist of two short excerpts from any genre, with
one demonstrating lyrical ability and the other technical ability. There will
additionally be sightreading.

Contact Person: Jesse Leong