Sender:
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 2013 08:45:43 -0400
From:
"Denise M. Abu-Laban" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Today - Annual Shih-I Pai Lecture

The Institute for Physical Science and Technology and The Department of
Physics announce the 19th Annual Shih-I Pai Lecture.  The lecture series is
held in honor of  Professor Shih-I Pai (1913-1996), a founding member of the
Institute for Fluid Dynamics & Applied Mathematics, now the Institute for
Physical Science and Technology (IPST).

Please join us for this year’s lecture, to be presented by Ellen D.
Williams, Distinguished University Professor, UMCP, and Chief Scientist, BP
International Ltd.

Talk title: Energy and our other Natural Resources:  Minerals, Land, Water
and the Atmosphere

Tuesday, October 22, 2013
3:00 – 3:50 pm
Reception, James A. Yorke Rotunda, Mathematics Building

4:00 pm
Shih-I Pai Lecture, 1412 Physics Building

Contact Person: Denise M. Abu-Laban