This position oversees the acquisition, processing, preservation and
accessibility of the historical records of The Afro-American Newspapers
Archives and Research Center (AANARC). For further information, or to
apply, please contact:
Marilyn Benaderet, Archivist
The Afro-American Newspapers
Archives and Research Center
[log in to unmask]
Marilyn is the current archivist; her last day of work is Sept. 24.
The Archivist supervises a team of one AFRO staff person and interns in
performance of the following duties.
▪ Sorting and arrangement of archival records.
▪ Re-housing of the collection in acid-free folders and boxes.
▪ Development of collection (box/folder) inventory.
▪ Preparation of document descriptions.
▪ Research and retrieval of records in response to internal and
▪ Identification of potential funding opportunities to support
mission of Archives.
▪ College degree in Library Science, Archival Studies, History or
MLS or MA/MS in related field preferred.
▪ Strong written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
▪ Ability to lift 40 lbs and climb ladder.
▪ Experience supervising volunteers or interns preferred.