Research Project Intern
Research Department, April 5, 2010
A Research Project Intern is being sought by Population Action International (PAI), an independent policy group working to improve individual well-being and preserve global resources by mobilizing political and financial support for population, family planning and reproductive health policies and programs. PAI strives to create a world in which humanity and the natural environment exist in balance, fewer people live in poverty, and every person has a right and access to sexual and reproductive health.
The Research Project Intern will provide research and writing assistance as well as administrative support for Research Department staff on projects related to mainstreaming the needs of women and girls in various international development arenas, tracking funding for international family planning programs, and exploring the intersection of climate change and population dynamics.
Description of Tasks:
• Provide research support and design for a project on gender and HIV/AIDS in developing countries,
• Explore how gender issues are addressed in programs to mitigate climate change.
• Assist research staff on security, financing, and youth initiatives.
• Part-time up to 20 hours/week
• Internship duration: May 24th, 2010 – July 30th, 2010
Supervisor: Kristine Berzins
• A passion for international development, gender equality, and/or reproductive health;
• Completed academic coursework on public health, international development, political science or a similar field;
• Experience researching international development issues; excellent writing skills—writing sample required;
• Ability to gather, analyze and organize quantitative and qualitative data and information;
• Graphic design capability;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word;
• Demonstrated respect for research methodology, citations and data accuracy;
• Ability to work independently in a collegial environment.
Resumes with cover letter can be faxed to (202) 728-4177 Attn: Kristine Berzins or e-mailed to [log in to unmask] EOE. Position open until filled.
Admissions & Student Affairs Assistant
University of Maryland iSchool