Lead Consultant positions with Process Systems Enterprise
Basis of employment: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: London, UK; New Jersey, US;
Köln, Germany; or Yokohama, Japan
Start date: Immediate
Remuneration: Attractive package
Application deadline: 22 August 2007
Process Systems Enterprise Ltd (PSE; company profile below) is currently
looking to expand its Consulting team with two Lead Consultants to further
grow and diversify its highly successful ModelCare® consulting business.
Description of positions
The positions encompass a variety of duties and responsibilities, including
• Project acquisition: identifying client requirements, scoping projects and
• Project management: delivering against budgeted costs and within time.
• Supervision and mentoring Executing Consultants, the consultants executing
the major part of most projects.
• Review and quality control of work performed by Executing Consultants (in
particular project deliverables).
• Maintenance and further development of PSE’s Advanced Model Libraries.
• Sales and Marketing support, including prospect visits as well as
attendance at trade shows and conferences.
• A minimum of 3 years industrial experience (for candidates with a PhD
degree) or at least 6 years industrial experience (for candidates with an
• At least 3 years of project management experience.
• A minimum of 4 years of first-principles modelling experience.
• Expertise in chemical engineering, preferably both from a modelling and
experimental perspective is highly desirable.
• Experience with gPROMS®, SPEEDUP®, ACM®, Dymola® or another
equation-oriented modelling tool is an advantage.
• Programming (FORTRAN, C, C++) and CFD experience is helpful, but not
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and as a team member.
• Ability to prioritise scheduled tasks and react to unexpected problems.
• Willing to travel away from the office for up to one week per month on
• A degree in Chemical, Biochemical, Pharmaceutical or Mechanical Engineering.
If you wish to apply, please email a CV including the names of two referees,
and a covering letter stating why you believe you are suited for this position.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday 22 August 2007.
Dr ir Sean K. Bermingham
Head of Consulting
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Tel: +44 (20) 8563 0888
Process Systems Enterprise Limited (PSE; www.psenterprise.com) provides
technology-leading gPROMS® Advanced Process Modelling (APM) software and
ModelCare® Model-Based Innovation (MBI) services. PSE has a worldwide
reputation in the application of high-fidelity mathematical models to
generate high-quality information for decision support in innovation, design
and operations throughout the process industries.
PSE’s technology and services help customers reduce time-to-market for new
processes or products, improve designs, enhance operations, reduce capital
and operating expenditure and comply with safety, health and environmental
requirements. MBI improves R&D effectiveness by providing a rigorous
framework for relating R&D activities to process design. Typical
applications are the design of innovative reactor configurations, new
catalysts and advanced separation processes.
PSE serves a growing worldwide market of major process industry customers
from sales and consulting offices in London, Germany, the US and Japan and
the PSE Academic office in Greece. The company is committed to remaining at
the forefront of modelling technology and practice, with significant
resources being dedicated to R&D.