Apologies for cross-postings...
J.Y. Joyner Library, Academic Library Services, East Carolina University seeks an enthusiastic, energetic and flexible colleague to lead the development and management of the Library's web presence.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Assistant Director for User Services, the Web Services Librarian will:
* Provide vision and leadership in designing, developing and supporting the Library's virtual presence, including an increasing number of web-based services
* Lead, supervise, and direct the Web Development Team
* Collaborate effectively with librarians and staff to design and offer innovative digital library services to our community
* Coordinate the creation of web resources through effective interface design, sound information architecture, usability and accessibility assessment techniques, and implementation of best practices and standards
* Investigate, incorporate and deploy innovative technologies in library services such as wikis, podcasting, RSS feeds, social networking technologies and other Library 2.0 concepts
* ALA-accredited master's degree or international equivalent in library or information science
* Strong leadership skills and ability to lead a web development team
* Ability to provide leadership in designing, developing, and supporting the Library's virtual presence through use of best practices, standards, and emerging technologies
* Understanding of user-centered design for the development of web technologies
* Ability to employ effective web interface design, create sound information architecture, and perform usability and accessibility assessments
* Academic library experience
* Academic background in computer science or related field
* Demonstrated skills in project management
* Supervisory experience
* Interest in scholarly communication trends
Academic Library Services: Located in Greenville, North Carolina, ECU enrolls nearly 27,000 students. It is a constituent institution of the University of North Carolina and offers 106 bachelor's degree programs, 71 master's degree programs, 4 specialist degree programs, a first-professional degree in Medicine (MD) program and 16 doctoral programs in our professional colleges and schools.
The campus is located approximately 80 miles east of Raleigh, and 80 miles west of the Atlantic Ocean. Additional information about ECU is available at http://www.ecu.edu.
ECU is a leader in the state in distance learning initiatives and holds Doctoral/Research Universities status as defined by The Carnegie Foundation.
Rank, Salary and Benefits: This is a twelve-month tenure track faculty position with a comprehensive fringe benefits package. Professional achievement, service, and research/creative activity are required for tenure and promotion. Rank and salary will be commensurate with candidate's experience and professional achievement (minimum salary of $45,000).
For a complete job announcement and application visit http://www.ecu.edu/cs-lib/administration/facpos.cfm. All applicants must apply online through ECU's employment website at http://www.jobs.ecu.edu
Digital Initiatives Librarian
Joyner Library Digital Collections
East Carolina University
Greenville, NC 27858-4353