The Intensive Learning Program (ILP) at the University of Maryland is
looking for qualified, energetic, and dedicated mentors to work with
individual students. The ILP program is a support program for students,
which is individualized to meet each student’s specific academic needs.
The purpose of ILP is to provide assessment and individualized
instruction in learning strategies and assist participants in the
development of the academic skills necessary to be successful students.
ILP mentors do not necessarily have to be knowledgeable in a particular
class but rather the PROCESS of how to be a good student (i.e. note
taking, exam prep, writing a paper, etc.).
* Meet with assigned students during scheduled hours each week
* assist with the day to day activities of the Intensive Learning
* provide structured assistance to students in areas of academic
skill and overall academic processes
* utilize specified learning strategies with students and document
* work closely with the ILP staff and attend training sessions to
develop academic strategies to implement with students
* provide a brief write-up of each meeting to be submitted to the
Learning Specialist on duty for review
The ideal candidate would be a graduate student, or professional having
a vested interest in the field of education and/or working with
academically at-risk populations.
*FALL Semester* (begins Sept. 2)
/Monday – Thursday/ 7:30AM – 9:30PM
/Friday / 7:30PM – 4:30PM
**NOTE: We are VERY flexible with scheduling. *
*If you are interested in being an ILP mentor, please send your resume to: *
ILP Director - ASCDU
[log in to unmask]*