The McIntyre Library at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire has a
probationary tenure track faculty vacancy available at the rank of
Assistant Professor or Associate Professor or Professor to serve as
*Reference / Instruction Librarian – Government Publications *with an
anticipated start date of spring 2009/./ This is a 12-month, part-time
(0.75 FTE) position reporting to the Director of Libraries.
McIntyre Library has a staff of 12.50 FTE library faculty, and 17 FTE
classified staff. The Library maintains a very active information
literacy program, provides access to a wide range of digital resources,
is a selective state and federal document depository, and includes a
regional historical research center and university archives. McIntyre
Library has a collection of almost 600,000 titles, 2 million volumes,
and 17,000 online and print periodical subscriptions; and works closely
with other UW System libraries in keeping with the “One System, One
Library” approach to the delivery of collections and services.
This position manages and promotes the library’s collections and
information technology to maximize their positive impact on teaching,
learning, and research in the UW-Eau Claire community. Additionally,
this position oversees the library’s Government Publications Collections.
Government Publications Duties
· Serves as the designated depository coordinator in compliance
with the recommendations of the Federal Depository Library Program and
the Wisconsin State Depository Program.
· Oversees collection development, access, organization and
housing of the government collections, assuring ready access to
government information, regardless of format.
· Increase awareness of and promote the use of federal and state
documents within the library and to the University community
· Teaches library instruction/information literacy session,
including specialized instruction for government information resource
· Serves as a liaison to assigned departments by consulting and
collaborating with students and faculty to meet their information and
· Collaborates with other library faculty in planning, promoting
and assessing information literacy initiatives.
· Staffs the reference desk, including some weekend and evening
· Serves on appropriate Library, campus and UW System committees.
· Pursues continued study, scholarly activities, and creative work.
· Participates in professional and community service activities.
· Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited program or equivalent,
received by date of hire.
· Experience or coursework in government documents management
· Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
· Demonstrated commitment to public service.
· Demonstrated commitment to professional development and
potential to meet the library’s tenure and promotion requirements.
· Experience providing quality reference service.
· Demonstrated commitment to teaching.
· Interest or background in the social sciences.
· Experience in an academic library.
· The ability to bring diverse cultural and ethnic perspectives
to the campus and serve as a role model and mentor for women and/or
New graduates encouraged to apply. Minimum salary at 0.75 FTE is $37,583.
To apply, send or email: letter of application, curriculum vita, and the
names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses of three
professional references. The university reserves the right to contact
additional references with notice given to the candidate at an
appropriate time in the process. Applicants’ names are subject to public
release unless confidentiality has been requested in writing. Names of
all finalists must be released upon request. A criminal background check
will be required prior to employment. Submit materials to:
Ms. Colleen McFarland, Chair
Reference and Instruction Librarian – Government Publications Search
University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
Eau Claire, WI 54702-4004
Email: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
*DEADLINE:* To ensure consideration, completed applications must be
postmarked by November 7, 2008. However, screening may continue until
position is filled.
/UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO employer dedicated t/
Student Services Assistant
College of Information Studies, Maryland's iSchool
University of Maryland at College Park
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this
e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended
recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or
omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be