Nalco has an opening for an Industry Technical Consultant - Advanced
Process Control Engineer - located in Sugar Land, TX. The duties
associated with this position are:
• Work within Nalco's Automation Group developing Advanced Process Control
Technologies and Solutions for the Energy Services Division.
• Develop first of a kind model predictive control applications in the
downstream market and applying the technologies to Nalco's Chemical
• Travel to the customer site to perform the installation and setup of the
system as well as train the local service reps on its use.
• Have a detailed understanding of how process data systems are laid out
and how all of the information is accessed.
• Be an expert on the application and design of model predictive control
and train appropriate people in the organization on their use.
• Develop various end-user reports communicating the value proposition of
Nalco's APC Technology. Work with the automation team members to display
the information and reports to the secure customer website.
• Assist in the develop of automation standards for control platforms,
communication protocols, MPC software, and MPC development tools across the
Energy Services Division.
• Be an expert on the use of the client tools as they relate to advanced
data analysis (APC modeling software tools, process simulators, process
Degree and Experience:
• A B.S. (Masters or PhD is a plus) in Chemical Engineering or related
field combined with 10+ years in advanced process control experience.
• 5 Years prior experience working with process simulation software is
• Prior experience working with the PI Historian or similar products
Nalco's Energy Services division provides on-site, problem-solving
innovations to the global petroleum and petrochemical industries. Our
downstream process applications increase refinery and petrochemical plant
efficiency and the useful life of customer assets while improving refined
and petrochemical product quality and yields.
We rely on the diversity of our workforce to drive our growth and success.
Our competitive salaries and benefits, as well as unlimited opportunities
for professional growth and development, make Nalco a great place to work.
Please respond to:
Nalco Company - Energy Services
Marketing Manager - Downstream Automation
[log in to unmask]