Systems and Electronic Services Librarian
Lebanon Valley College
The Systems and Electronic Services Librarian provides oversight and
leadership in the planning, implementation, integration, and maintenance
of a broad range of library electronic services including the integrated
library system (SirsiDynix Symphony), the Serials Solutions Knowledge
base and 360 Suite, EZProxy, access to electronic databases, serials
subscriptions and packages, and other third-party applications. The
Systems and Electronic Services Librarian participates in the design and
maintenance of the library web presence. The successful candidate will
also assist students, faculty, staff, and other library users with
electronic systems and services and participate in reference service
(including evening, weekend, and holiday hours) as well as library
instruction and collection development activities.
Education and/or Experience
· M.L.S. from an ALA accredited institution.
· Experience with information technology systems and web
development. Programming skills in ASP.NET, HTML, Perl, and SQL and
recent experience with and knowledge of electronic databases preferred.
Required Knowledge and Skills
· Strong interpersonal skills; demonstrated initiative and
ability to work independently and as a team member in developing
services and completing projects;
· Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to
manage multiple projects; and a strong commitment to service and
· Strong computer skills and demonstrated knowledge and
experience with current and emerging trends and technologies.
· Successful experience with project management
· Commitment to excellence in library service and to the
improvement of services.
· Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships
with a variety of individuals, including library and college staff and
faculty, students, and the general public
· Ability to move and handle books as well as loaded book trucks
· Ability to lift up to 20 pounds on a regular basis.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
· Academic library experience
· Working knowledge of an integrated library system (ILS)
preferably SirsiDynix Symphony
· Working knowledge of the ILLiad interlibrary loan system
· Working knowledge of EZProxy remote authentication software
· Working knowledge of the Serials Solutions 360 Suite
· Experience designing and maintaining web pages
Interested applicants should email a letter of interest, resume and
contact information for three professional references to [log in to unmask] EOE