ASRC Management Services, a wholly owned Subsidiary of ASRC Federal Holding
Company, is seeking a *Librarian* in Alexandria, Virginia to support our
United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) contract.
The Librarian plans, organizes and coordinates work activities involved in
obtaining and making Library and Information Center resources available to
the Trademark examining attorneys and staff.
- Reference assistance, online searching, interlibrary loan, cataloging,
acquisitions, research, and provision and or design of information center
web page content.
- Assist with planning, organizing, and coordinating work activities
involved in obtaining and making library and information center.
- Assists with planning, organizing, and coordinating work activities
involved in obtaining and making library and information center resources
available to customers.
- Assists in user training efforts and in the development of
documentation for new staff and USPTO employees.
- Assists with marketing efforts for promoting the information center and
its available resources.
- Provides information and updates for content of information center web
- Makes recommendations for collection development decisions.
- Assists with updating and maintaining collections (both physical
and electronic collections).
- Follows guidelines for the security of library collections and
- Performs general research and citation verification using online search
techniques, automated tools, and other resources as necessary.
- Analyzes search requests, interviews requesters when needed, and
develops search strategies, reviews and provides search results.
- Processes and fills requests for full text literature from internal and
external resources (interlibrary loan function).
- Assists with compilation of library statistics.
- Works independently under overall project objectives and requirements.
- Apprises supervisor about progress and unusual complications.
- Masters Degree in Library Science (education requirement may be waived
by extensive demonstration of practical experience in the field).
- One (1) year library/information center experience
- Experience with finding and searching scientific and technical
- Experience in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Expertise in searching one or more major online commercial vendors
(Dialog, STN, Questel, Lexis/Nexis) and expertise in searching the
- Experience in searching OCLC for location holdings information at
*ASRC Management Services offers an excellent benefits package
and competitive salary! Please review the website at www.asrcms.com.*
*If you are interested in this position, please apply on line via
www.asrcms.com. Click on "Careers" and cite requisition number 4037.*
*If you have any questions, please contact me at 301-837-9015!*
*Senior Corporate Recruiter*
*ASRC Federal Holding *
*6303 Ivy Lane, Suite 138*
*Greenbelt, MD 20770*
*[log in to unmask]* <[log in to unmask]>
*blackberry #: 301-873-6804*