Research Fellow, Knowledge Management Division: Terms of Reference
Inter-American Development Bank
Support activities related to the development of the IDB’s Institutional Knowledge Repository, a web based platform for the consolidation of knowledge products aimed at increasing their accessibility and visibility.
Activities and Responsibilities
• Collaborate in the development of pilot tests; execute and facilitate the pilot; collect, analyze and synthesize results.
• Develop Baseline, and carry out monitoring of access and visibility of selected knowledge products.
• Identify and upload documents into the repository.
• Review and edit metadata of documents in the repository as assigned, adhering to identified standards and procedures.
• Serve as the support contact for questions related to ingest and use of the knowledge repository, including answering questions and performing hands on training for Bank personnel.
• Systematically review, evaluate, and seek feedback on repository portal.
• Draft messages and/or scripts for communication and teaching purposes.
• Summarize meeting outcomes, and synthesizing for communicating to relevant stakeholders.
• Other activities as assigned, in support of KNM staff person responsible for coordination of the IKR project.
• Consistent provision of timely, high-quality service and products.
• Consolidation of all documentation generated by Research Fellow at end of contract.
• Compilation of lessons learned reflection at end of contract.
• Other deliverables as required.
• Preferably, the Research Fellow should have, or currently be pursuing, a master’s degree in one of these areas: Economics (Macro or Development a plus), Latin American Studies, Library Sciences, Information Sciences, Knowledge Management, or a related discipline.
• Should be comfortable dialoguing with and synthesizing for (orally and written) different levels of authority.
• Highly proficient in conducting internet research and utilizing current web technology, etc.
• Experience leading groups and facilitating group activities / discussions. Experience conducting surveys a plus.
• Experience with taxonomy/vocabulary development, and knowledge of metadata schemas desired, but not required.
• Research Fellow should be able to multi-task and be highly organized.
• Ability to act independently, creatively, and under own initiative.
• Proficient in both Spanish and English, written and spoken. Portuguese and/or French a plus.
• Should be comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment.
• Advance knowledge of standard computer programs, such as excel, word, power point, outlook, etc.
Contract and Work Location
May through December 2010 at Bank headquarters in Washington DC. Graduate students and recent graduates encouraged to apply. Interested candidates should send their resume to Kyle Strand at [log in to unmask]
Admissions & Student Affairs Assistant
University of Maryland iSchool