Coordinator, Southern Maryland Studies Center
The Coordinator of the Southern Maryland Studies Center provides leadership for the Center. The Coordinator ensures the use of correct archival practices in the organization and storage of the collections. Customer service and community outreach are an important part of the daily duties.
The work schedule for this position is 40 hours per week; Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
College of Southern Maryland conducts background checks in order to insure the safety and well-being of the college's staff and students. The final candidate for this position will be subject to the following background checks: Criminal History Check.
This position is open until filled. For best consideration, apply by 11:59 pm EST Thursday, 08/19/10. The College of Southern Maryland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
* Bachelorís degree in History, American studies or a related field with course work in archival studies.
* Specialized/Professional experience in archival science, or in a directly related field of work such as history that involved the collection, appraisal, analysis, or synthesis of information having historical or archival values. The following are illustrative of kinds of experience that may be accepted as meeting the professional experience requirements: (1) experience as an archivist in Federal, State, church, business, or other archives, or in manuscript repositories, and (2) experience of an archival nature that involved research in archival science, or in a directly related field such as history.
* ALA-accredited Master of Library Science (MLS) with coursework in archives administration, or, graduate degree in history with coursework in archives administration highly desirable.
* Experience coordinating projects involving academic and community groups required.
* Knowledge of the Southern Maryland area is highly desirable.
* Skill in providing customer service in an educational environment.
* Ability to conceive projects, elicits ideas from others, and deals with shifting priorities.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
La Plata, MD, US.
$37,644 US Dollar (USD)
You can view and apply for this job at: