The Arts Librarian serves as the liaison to three departments (music, art
and art history, and theater, speech and dance) and is responsible for the
overall operation of the Music Library. The Arts Librarian is expected to
develop and sustain innovative ways of using library collections and
services to support both the creative and scholarly activities of these
departments and related interdisciplinary efforts.
The Arts Librarian will plan and monitor Music Library operations; manage
collection development for the library; serve as primary source of reference
services and conduct library instruction; participate in the development and
implementation of policies and procedures for the Research, Instruction and
Outreach Services (RIOS) Department; be active in library and university
The incumbent should be willing to collaborate with academic faculty,
students and library staff; be open to experimentation; and possess an
imaginative and creative approach to librarianship.
- Ability to manage library operations
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Excellent instructional skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated success in academic liaison work and building library
- ALA accredited MLS
- Three to six years public service experience in an academic library
- A degree or extensive participation in the arts
- Knowledge of library technology
This position will require some evening and weekend hours.
William and Mary is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access
employer and actively encourages applications from minorities, women,
disabled persons and veterans.
Applications must be submitted on the Human Resources web page -
Employment Opportunities .
Aimee Babcock-Ellis, MLS
[log in to unmask]