CMNS-UNDERGRAD-NEWS Archives

April 2011

From:
Gene Ferrick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Apr 2011 14:36:47 -0400
My name is Gary Brown and I am with MRIGlobal, formerly known as Midwest Research Institute. The reason I am contacting you is for some help. We currently have an assistant level position in virology for a recent or new graduate. This position will be located in our Rockville, MD lab. Research Duties include:

Performs assays and experiments in molecular biology to include nucleic acid extraction, PCR, real time PCR, cloning, plasmid preparation, mutagenesis, gel electrophoresis, and sequence analysis.
Performs transfections of eukaryotic or prokaryotic cells, confirmation of plasmid expression to include immunofluorescence assays, gel electrophoresis and western blot analysis.
Performs in vitro transcription, protein production and purification, co-immunoprecipitation.
Maintains cell cultures needed for specific experiments.
ELISA assays and viral plaque assays
Identifies and solves common problems relating to laboratory methodology, instrumentation and procedure under the direction of their supervisor.
Participates in development of assays used in the laboratory, and training others on equipment and assays.
Maintains adequate inventory of supplies as required by the department.
Maintains a laboratory notebook and meets with supervisor to review data.
Enters data into database adhering to specifications and support online protocols and amendments.
General Lab Duties include:
General lab organization, maintenance and cleaning.
Maintain cell line, plasmid, freezer, and reagent inventories.
Prepare packages for shipment; maintain supplies, common lab stocks, and lab equipment.
Any help you could provide will be appreciated. Thank you for your time

Sincerely,
Brown, Gary <[log in to unmask]>
425 Volker Blvd | Kansas City, MO 64110
(816) 360-1905 direct | (816) 753-2304 fax