My name is Gary Brown and I am with MRIGlobal, formerly known as Midwest Research Institute. The reason I am contacting you is for some help. We currently have an assistant level position in virology for a recent or new graduate. This position will be located in our Rockville, MD lab. Research Duties include:
• Performs assays and experiments in molecular biology to include nucleic acid extraction, PCR, real time PCR, cloning, plasmid preparation, mutagenesis, gel electrophoresis, and sequence analysis.
• Performs transfections of eukaryotic or prokaryotic cells, confirmation of plasmid expression to include immunofluorescence assays, gel electrophoresis and western blot analysis.
• Performs in vitro transcription, protein production and purification, co-immunoprecipitation.
• Maintains cell cultures needed for specific experiments.
• ELISA assays and viral plaque assays
• Identifies and solves common problems relating to laboratory methodology, instrumentation and procedure under the direction of their supervisor.
• Participates in development of assays used in the laboratory, and training others on equipment and assays.
• Maintains adequate inventory of supplies as required by the department.
• Maintains a laboratory notebook and meets with supervisor to review data.
• Enters data into database adhering to specifications and support online protocols and amendments.
General Lab Duties include:
• General lab organization, maintenance and cleaning.
• Maintain cell line, plasmid, freezer, and reagent inventories.
• Prepare packages for shipment; maintain supplies, common lab stocks, and lab equipment.
Any help you could provide will be appreciated. Thank you for your time
Brown, Gary <[log in to unmask]>
425 Volker Blvd | Kansas City, MO 64110
(816) 360-1905 direct | (816) 753-2304 fax