The Market Development Specialist (MDS) will analyze sales and market trends within an assigned territory, and develop and execute strategies to exceed forecasted sales targets. The position will cover the mid- Atlantic/ Southeastern portion of the U.S. to implement Abcam's customer-focused market development strategy, and provide a local face to a global brand.
Please note: This is a remote position based out the DC Metro area. Applicants must have research experience utilizing antibodies.
· Manage and maintain existing customer relationships to increase customer loyalty and prevent attrition
· Identify key decision makers at both institution and lab levels, and tailor strategy to meet customer needs
· Research and analyze purchasing and sales trends within assigned territory
· Evaluate all opportunities as presented by strategic sourcing offices (public and private)
· Increase brand awareness through targeted marketing events, sponsorships, and customer interactions
· Prospect and manage lead generation within territory
· Create and execute targeted marketing initiatives in conjunction with US and UK marketing teams
· Develop territory sales and marketing strategy cross- departmentally to support other company initiatives and objectives
· Collaborate with product- specific and CFA teams to develop local strategy for new product launches
· Upwards of 50% travel.
Applicants must possess a degree in Life Sciences.
To apply please go to:
to upload your resume and cover letter.
Application deadline is May 9, 2011.