]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

CMNS-UNDERGRAD-NEWS Home

CMNS-UNDERGRAD-NEWS  April 2011

CMNS-UNDERGRAD-NEWS April 2011

Part-time position open in behavioral neuroscience lab

Gene Ferrick <[log in to unmask]>

David D. Yager

Mon, 18 Apr 2011 09:27:58 -0400

Part-time position open in behavioral neuroscience lab

We are doing 3D computer reconstructions of insect ears and nervous systems, and need one or more students to help with graphic data entry and analysis. The data come from microCT scans of praying mantises. We combine individual tomographic sections to build up 3D images that can be manipulated and measured.
The successful applicant will need meticulous attention to detail, the ability to stay focused, and a steady hand. Competence with computers beyond simple word processing and spreadsheets is essential, and experience with computer graphics would be a major advantage. This job would be especially appropriate for a student interested in the interface between neuroscience and computer graphics.
The job is for approx. 20 hrs/week with highly flexible scheduling. Pay rate commensurate with experience.
The position is available immediately, will continue through the summer, and could potentially extend into the fall.
Our laboratory studies the neurophysiology, anatomy, and behavior of insect communication systems, focusing on hearing in praying mantises. We have many ongoing student projects, so there would be opportunities to observe experiments of various types.
If interested, please submit a brief statement of interest, cv/resume, and an unofficial transcript to to Dr. David Yager at [log in to unmask]