Certis USA, a leading manufacturer and marketer of biological and botanical products for pest management in Columbia, Maryland is seeking an entry-level Microbiologist/Chemist to participate in the development of commercial biological pesticides derived from microbial or botanical sources.
The individual must be able to perform essential duties. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge skill and /or ability required:
1. HPLC technique
2. Preparation and quality control of sterile media and reagents.
3. Cultivation of Microbial cultures.
4. Perform QC tests for Microbial cultures.
5. Molecular techniques such as fingerprint of Microbial cultures are a plus.
· Experience with the cultivation and QC of Microbial cultures.
· Experience with HPLC
· Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, email)
· Ability to effectively communicate verbally
· Ability to work independently and adapt to varied work settings.
· Ability to complete projects in a timely manner.
· Ability to work effectively with a team of diverse individuals.
· Demonstrated attention to detail.
· B.S. or M.S. degree from an accredited university with course work in chemistry, microbiology or molecular biology.
Certis USA offers a competitive benefits package to include a 401(k) Retirement Plan, health insurance, vacation, and a performance based annual bonus program. Please send your resume to [log in to unmask] or visit our website at www.certisusa.com