Public Affairs Spring Internship at American Geophysical Union Headquarters
AGU Science Policy Alert 11-30: 27 October 2011
American Geophysical Union's Public Affairs department is looking for a spring intern to join the team! This is an opportunity for undergraduates, graduate students, and recent grads to learn more about the intersection of public policy and Earth and space science. Tell a friend, tell a student, or apply yourself!
The AGU Public Affairs department maintains a continuous flow of information between AGU scientists and Capitol Hill. The department advocates on behalf of Earth and space science as related policy evolves in Congress.
The Public Affairs intern will work closely with the Public Affairs and Outreach staff. This internship provides an opportunity to learn about the public policy process first-hand and to gain knowledge about Earth and space science policy issues. This is a paid internship in Washington, DC.
• Attend congressional hearings, briefings, and other events
• Author articles for the AGU website, AGU’s weekly membership letter Eos, and other publications
• Assist with arranging AGU members’ congressional visits
• Help organize congressional briefings and receptions
• Manage our social media outreach and web presence
• College student, graduate student, or a recent graduate
• Good research and organizational skills
• Coursework related to Earth and space science is ideal; coursework related to political science and communications is a plus
• Cover letter strongly recommended with application
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling deadline.
Anticipated Start: 1 February 2012
Anticipated Internship Duration: 3 months
To apply go here: