CMNS-UNDERGRAD-NEWS Archives

November 2011

From:
Gene Ferrick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 2011 10:33:05 -0500
Laboratory technician position available  Bethesda, MD.

We are seeking to recruit a laboratory technician in the Department of
Pharmacology at Uniformed Services University. USU is the military medical
school located on the grounds of the Walter Reed National Military Medical
Centre in Bethesda, MD, within walking distance of the Medical Center metro
stop. Our laboratory is trying to understand how cytokines employed to aid
in spine fusion can lead to neuropathic pain. We employ a variety of
molecular, cellular, behavioral and surgical techniques to probe the
response of sensory neurons and the spinal cord to these manipulations to
the spinal column. We are seeking applicants who are recent graduates in the
biological sciences (or graduating this winter) with a strong interest in
conducting medical research in a collaborative academic environment.
Research experience is desirable although not required. This is a great job
for a recent graduate who is interested in graduate or medical school, but
wishes to take a couple of years off before pursuing further education.
Preferred starting date is in December, but the beginning of January is also
possible. For further information about the lab please see:
http://www.usuhs.mil/pha/asymes.html

To apply please send your resume and a cover letter to Dr. Aviva Symes,
[log in to unmask] Please detail your relevant coursework, any research
experience, your GPA and any other information you think will help your
application. Please also list contact details for at least 2 people who are
able to act as references to your scientific ability or aptitude.