Richmond Teacher Residency
Teach for Change . . . Quick Facts
▪ like Teach for America in that we are highly selective, serve a high needs school district, and seek passionate students; but, we are different from TFA in that we offer a graduate degree, a year-long residency co-teaching with a master teacher, and continued mentor and leadership support for three years after employment as a teacher.
▪ a cutting edge urban teacher residency program designed to prepare outstanding middle and high school teachers for Richmond Public Schools.
▪ a partnership between the Richmond Public Schools, Virginia Commonwealth University, and the Center for Teaching Leadership at the VCU School of Education.
We take the guess work out of teacher prep:
· We offer a year-long residency with a master teacher to provide the best environment to grow as a professional teacher.
· Our School of Education is nationally ranked. Our faculty is second to none.
· We offer a multifaceted curriculum grounded in urban education and taught across disciplines rather than anchored in a 3-credit hour traditional course structure.
· We position our students to be hired as teachers in Richmond Public Schools after their first year of residency.
We are seeking strong students who want to teach for change:
We are identifying outstanding students who seek the expertise and the education to make an immediate impact on RPS students. Our application deadline is December 5th.
The Details: In exchange for 3 years of service to Richmond Public Schools you receive:
√ a year-long residency co-teaching with a master teacher
√ a Master of Teaching (M.T.) degree
√ 19K stipend, and up to an additional 10K for qualified science majors
√ substantially reduced program rate for M.T. degree
√ full time salary as a teacher of record for RPS second-fourth years
√ chic apartment living @ reduced cost
√ a supportive living & learning environment
√ a strong focus on urban education & cultural competencies
√ support for National Board Certification
√ your Virginia teaching license
Major in one of these?
History /Global Studies
. . . with a 3.0 GPA or better in last 60 hours of work.
The Bottom Line:
We teach to make a difference. We teach because we know that education changes everything. We teach because we can’t imagine doing anything more important. Teach for Change. It all starts here . . .
Want more info?
Research us out at: www.richmondteacherresidency.info
“Like” us at facebook: http://www.facebook.com/RTR.teach4change2
Follow us @ Twitter: http://twitter.com/teach4change2
Blog along with us @ Bloggers Spot: http://teach4change2.blogspot.com/
Ann D. Cherry, Director of Recruitment
[log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]
The Fine Print: Apply by December 5th. Register for Praxis & VCLA Testing.
Ready to Apply? Go to: www.applitrack.com/vcu/onlineapp