Welcome to the District Department of the Environment's (DDOE) Green Zone Internship Program (GZIP). GZIP provides on-site work experience for emerging leaders. GZIP is a year-round program that fosters linkages between academic and occupational learning, and connections to the environmental job market.
The emphasis of the GZIP year-round program is to provide emerging leaders with valuable work and learning experiences to enhance their knowledge, skills and abilities in the field of environmental and business management and will provide them with a greater understanding of the "Green Jobs" career field. GZIP participants will gain hands-on experience, and educational coaching at DDOE, and in partnership with many local organizations, schools, and businesses that are focused on supporting a green economy and fostering sustainability.
* Applicants must be working towards or possess a bachelor's degree in environmental sciences, engineering or a related field.
* Good academic standing. Students must have and maintain a 2.5 GPA throughout their internship.
* Applicants must submit a copy of their school transcripts.
* Must submit a cover letter that speaks to your area of interest.
* Interns will be expected to fulfill all of the duties and responsibilities of the positions to which they are assigned.
* Interns must abide by all policies, procedures, and regulations of the employing agency or organization. This may include background checks and drug testing as applicable.
* All requirements for the internship must be completed by the start of the internship.
For more information regarding DDOE's non-paid internships, please call Johnnie Philson, Human Resource Specialist at (202) 870-6003. More details about the internship program can be found at http://www.careercenter.umd.edu/map/marketing/newsletter/newsletter_body.cfm?email_ID=199&email_body_id=529