Governor’s Summer Internship Program
Web Address: shrivercenter.umbc.edu/gsip
Contact: Mike Oettel, Coordinator
Address: UMBC - The Shriver Center
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Semester: Summer 2012 (full-time internship)
Deadline: Monday, March 12, 2012
Qualifications: Applicants must be:
• Undergraduates attending a two- or a four-year college or university in Maryland, or Maryland residents attending an out-of-state college or university.
• Entering their junior or senior year during the Fall 2012 semester, with a GPA of 3.00 or higher.
All majors are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Governor’s Summer Internship Program introduces college students to the unique challenges and rewards of working within MD State Government. For 10 weeks (June 4 – August 10, 2012), interns:
• Work in state government agencies on substantive tasks, including drafting speeches and correspondence, tracking legislation, attending hearings, assisting with constituent case work, and researching policy options
• Participate in seminars with top Maryland officials and make site visits to State facilities
• Develop policy papers on a significant issue facing Maryland (e.g. the Chesapeake Bay, crime, care for the elderly) and present their findings in person to the Governor
Compensation: Interns receive a $3,000 stipend.
To Download an Application, Visit: shrivercenter.umbc.edu/gsip