From: Melissa Gold [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2012 11:25 AM
Subject: Position Anouncement: Learning Deisgn Librarian
Millersville University would like to announce an opening for a Learning Design Librarian. I have included the job advertisement below as well as an attached one-page advertisement as a pdf. Full consideration will be given to completed applications received by March 24, 2012. Please share these with your students and alumni and forward as needed. Millersville University is a great place to work and offers a competitive salary with a 9-month appointment. If you would like any more information, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thanks!
-Melissa, Learning Deisign Librarian Search Committee Chair
Melissa Gold, Science Librarian
Millersville University Library
P.O. Box 1002
Millersville, PA 17551-0302
717-871-2378 / [log in to unmask]<https://mail5.millersville.edu/owa/UrlBlockedError.aspx>
Library renovation news: http://blogs.millersville.edu/newlibrary
Millersville, PA 17551-0302
Position: Learning Design Librarian
Instructor or Assistant Professor
Full-time, tenure track, academic year
Beginning August 2012
Description: Millersville University seeks a creative self-starter to design, maintain, and assess the library's learner-centered instruction program. The Learning Design Librarian (LDL) provides leadership to the library department by developing strategies for integrating information literacy into the curriculum and by assessing the instruction program's impact on student learning. The LDL also participates in research assistance, library instruction for general education courses, and serves as a subject librarian to assigned academic departments.
Be a part of a growing department, set to move into a new state-of-the-art facility in fall 2013. The renovated library will feature a digital media lab, distance learning classroom, floor for interdisciplinary faculty collaboration, and a 24 hour space with café. The Millersville University Library employs 12 faculty and 11 support staff. Library faculty are full members of the university faculty with all rights and responsibilities of other faculty members, including eligibility for promotion and sabbatical leaves. Library faculty members are expected to engage in scholarship and professional development, service to the institution, and institutional governance. The incumbent, as part of the tenure requirement, must have made significant progress toward a second graduate degree within five years.
· Masters degree from a program accredited by the American Library Association.
· Strong commitment to and familiarity with current trends and issues in reference service/research assistance, information literacy, and assessment.
· Experience with and enthusiasm for teaching, either in a library setting or other.
· Experience in providing reference service/research assistance.
· Familiarity with emerging information technologies and their application to research and teaching.
· Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
· Clear understanding of and commitment to public services function.
· Evidence of professional initiative and flexibility.
· Evidence of a commitment to student learning commensurate with the university’s strong instructional mission.
· Demonstrated commitment to equity and diversity.
· Candidate must complete a successful campus interview and teaching demonstration.
· Ability and willingness to work cooperatively in a changing library and university environment.
· Experience in designing a learner-centered library instruction program.
· Experience designing tools to assess student learning.
· Experience analyzing assessment data.
· Experience in integrating goals and objectives of information literacy programs with goals and objectives of larger university curriculum.
· Experience with multiple formats for provision of reference services/research assistance.
· Experience developing working partnerships with academic departments and other campus communities.
· Second advanced degree.
To Apply & See Full Job Description: Go to https://jobs.millersville.edu<https://jobs.millersville.edu/> and create a faculty application. A cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts and the names, addresses and phone numbers of three current professional references will be required. For questions, please email Search Committee Chair, Prof. Melissa Gold<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.
Application Submission: Full consideration given to applications received by March 24, 2012.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution