The University of Maryland-College Park Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (LSAMP) program announces its 2012 Undergraduate Research Program.
PROGRAM DATES: - Summer 2012 (June 1- July 27, 2012)
- Undergraduate Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics majors interested in research experiences with faculty
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8 on a 4.0 scale
- Gain undergraduate research experience
- Stipend of $2,500 for summer program dates
- Work with UMD faculty and students
- Students will be expected to work with UMD faculty on a research project during Summer 2012 program dates.
- Devote approximately 18-20 hours per week to the research project
- Participants will also be expected to participate in ALL LSAMP-URP activities and workshops
- Complete the application form (available online at http://lsamp.umd.edu/urp-program.html)
- Submit one letter of recommendation and an official transcript
- Submit research statement describing proposed research OR
your research interests
DEADLINE: - Friday, April 27th 2012
Submit applications to:
Fredy Uruchima, LSAMP Coordinator
University of Maryland, College Park
Center for Minorities in Science and Engineering
1131 Glenn Martin Hall
College Park, MD 20742
Phone: 301.405.8106 Fax: 301.314.9867
Email: [log in to unmask]
Female and underrepresented minority students are strongly urged to apply !!!